SATURDAY 24 JUNE, 2017 @ 8 PM
Socialise | Discover | Learn
the state of being United or joined as a whole
Four of Melbourne’s long running community groups… Melbourne Victoria All Members, Melbourne Under 35’s Club, Melbourne/Victoria Singles and Arkies Friday Munch HQ have come together In UNITY to give you a space where you can…socialise – discover – learn…
We all know how daunting it can be to go somewhere on your own or for the first time. The internet is a great starting point to see who’s around and what’s available. This is a great way to meet people in a socially safe environment with the view to get to know each other, hear about people’s experiences, learn about the lifestyle and get to know a familiar face or two.
In UNITY is just that, a great way for us to get to meet other like-minded individuals from the On-line groups and other groups across the Alternative Lifestyles and Kink communities in real time.
This community wide social event is open to both newbies and veterans, with an emphasis on welcoming the new people into our community.
The space is inspired by the 1920’s underground Speak-easy where you’re taken back in times when prohibition made a night out on the town an adventure. Socialise, chat and meet other members of our community in the comfy lounge areas with open fire place, around the bar area, the undercover *(heated)* courtyard or open air smoking area.
Following is some of what is on offer….
• An exclusive space dedicated entirely to us so we don’t have to be concerned about who might be listening to our conversations (no access to the public).
• A fully stocked bar at affordable prices (no byo).
• There are lounge areas inside and the outside courtyard, perfect for chatting and socialising.
• Community mentors who will at hand to chat about the history of the lifestyle and scene, discuss Etiquette, hold a small skillshare and answer any questions or queries you might have.
• There will be music to chill out to or even have a boogie
• Old-school games room with popcorn cart.
• There is no expectation or obligation except for being yourself.
• You can arrive on your own or with your partner and with friends.
• Feel free to wear your regular going out clothes (non-kink is preferred – neat smart – neat casual – neat denim is allowed).
• A safe, welcoming and friendly space.
A great way to spend an evening in comfy surrounds engaging in all manner of interesting conversation with a few friends you know or on-line peeps you would like to meet in person.
Feel free to express yourself as the unique individual you are. In other words… dress in whatever makes you feel comfortable (from regular clothes to basic/public alternative wear).
If you know someone who’s going, why not make arrangements and travel together.
Alternatively, just rock up knowing that there will be plenty of cool people to hang out with anyway.
If you have any questions or queries, you can always hit us up with it and we’ll see if we can answer them for you….
We look forward to meeting you soon.
$11.50 . . Pre-purchase on-line www.trybooking.com/292887 (purchasing your on-line ticket includes your 1st drink + entry into door prize)
$10 at the door (1st drink not included)
From 8pm – late
(to enjoy your evening in full, we strongly suggest you arrive before 9pm)
Feel free to wear your regular going out clothes
(non-kink is preferred – neat smart – neat casual – neat denim is allowed).
A brief history of the lifestyle and scene
Event & Lifestyle Etiquette
Eagle Leather – www.eagleleather.com.au
Marquis de Sade – www.marquisdesade.com.au
0412 510 424
Mon – Fri 12pm – 8pm
Sat – Sun after 4pm
please do not send text messages as they cannot be replied to
Saint Martins Place
374 St Kilda Rd
(cnr Martin St – between Inkerman & Carlisle St’s)
Saint Martins Place